INFRASTRUCTURE MODERNISATION PROJECT
The centralised IT team from an organisation in the Health sector embarked on an infrastructure modernisation initiative to overcome scalability limitations and optimise their database management system.
The organisation faced challenges in scaling their infrastructure, optimising resource utilization, and adapting to evolving business needs.
PBRC is an enterprise-level patient billing system designed by PowerHealth Solutions for the healthcare industry. It connects to existing operational systems, gathering service data to support real-time hospital billing, therefore automating the billing process.
Meeting the challenge
BCS executed a successful Azure migration and Oracle integration strategy, including detailed planning, collaboration with the organisation, leveraging insights from a Primesize report to inform on best practice server design.
- Primesize was used to produce a Design Document for building the servers in Azure.
- This report was also supplied to the Client to assist in building the environment.
- BCS managed the Oracle configuration and setup whilst the Client managed the Azure tenancy.
Despite having to navigate security and access restrictions that meant BCS couldn’t make any direct changes to cloud settings, the project was very successful.
The organisation is now enjoying all the advantages that come with the cloud such as:
- Enhanced Scalability and Flexibility: Easy resource scaling and server configuration adjustments based on demand.
- Cost Efficiency: Elimination of infrastructure maintenance costs and optimised resource utilisation.
- Improved Performance and Reliability: Upgraded servers, increased memory, and enhanced data security.
Looking to adopt a similar practice? For more information about how we can assist your organisation or if you’re in IT, to support your own learning in this space, please contact us.