Oracle Business to Oracle Analytics Server (OAS) ON ORACLE'S LATEST HARDWARE
Recently one of our government health clients needed to upgrade to the latest Oracle hardware because of increased ongoing support costs to maintain hardware after its end of support.
OAS enabled the agency, an existing OBIEE customer, to modernize their analytics whilst moving from On-Premises Oracle Exalytics to On-Premises X8 Oracle Server.
Meeting the challenge
The following high level migration steps were undertaken to carry out the work:
- Installed and configured Oracle Database 19c
- Installed and configured Oracle Fusion Middleware infrastructure 12c
- Installed and configured Oracle Analytics Server 5.x
- Generated the Export Bundle file from OBIEE 11g
- Imported Export Bundle file into Oracle Analytics Server
- Post review and configuration completed
The client now has the ability to enjoy the benefits OAS enables existing OBIEE customers to modernize their analytics while having the flexibility to move to the cloud at their own pace.
Looking to adopt a similar practice? For more information about how we can assist your organisation or if you’re in IT, to support your own learning in this space, please contact us.
Technical Article Available
If you’re a techie and up for the challenge, we’re got a dedicated technical article that walks you through the how to on Migrating OBIEE 11g from Exalytics to Oracle Analytics Server on X8 Servers.