Efficient database management is not just about storing and retrieving information; it's a strategic asset that, when harnessed correctly, can propel an organisation towards sustainable growth.
7 expert tips when considering a move to cloud
How to navigate your Cloud Adoption the right way
The decisions you make regarding cloud computing today will significantly impact your business capabilities in the future. When implemented correctly, cloud solutions can accelerate the launch of new applications and services, enhance application performance, and provide precise cost predictions for your IT expenses.
Nevertheless, it can be challenging to determine the right cloud path to propel your organisation and deliver success.
As a provider of cloud services and support, BCS offers the following advice to government agencies considering cloud adoption or expanding their use of cloud services:
- Develop a Clear Cloud Strategy: Your cloud strategy should align with your agency’s mission, vision, and strategic goals. It should consider your current infrastructure, your future needs, and your agency’s ability to manage cloud services.
- Assess Your Readiness: Before you migrate to the cloud, assess your technical and operational readiness. This should include an examination of your existing systems and data, your agency’s IT skills, and the changes that may be necessary in your operations and workflows.
- Select the Right Cloud Model: There are several cloud models to choose from, including public, private, and hybrid clouds. The right model depends on your agency’s needs, security requirements, and the nature of the data and applications you intend to host in the cloud.
- Plan for Security and Compliance: Government agencies often handle sensitive data, so security and compliance are critical. Make sure your cloud provider meets all necessary security standards and can help you comply with any regulations applicable to your agency.
- Manage Change Effectively: The shift to the cloud often requires changes in how your agency operates. Make sure to manage this change effectively, ensuring your team is trained and ready to work in the new environment.
- Choose a Reliable Partner: A trusted partner like BCS can guide you through the process, helping you make the right decisions, manage the migration, and provide ongoing support.
- Embrace Continuous Learning and Improvement: Cloud technology evolves rapidly. Stay informed about the latest developments and be ready to adapt your strategy and operations as needed.
In summary, migrating to the cloud can bring significant benefits, but it’s essential to approach it strategically and thoughtfully. With the right planning and support, you can leverage the power of the cloud to help your agency become more efficient, resilient, and responsive.
Security is (y)our top priority.
Gartner recommends that security and risk management leaders in critical infrastructure sectors develop a holistic approach to security, so that IT, OT and Internet of Things (IoT) security are managed in a coordinated effort.
Our capability has been helping many of our clients transform into more secure IT environments, enhancing their security posture whilst maximising their efficiency, productivity and growth.
Taking the next right step
Technology plays a crucial role in achieving business goals, and the way businesses engage with technology is evolving and can be hard to understand and keep up with. On top of these obstacles, ensuring secure access to critical applications from anywhere and anytime is now more essential than ever.
BCS offers end-to-end cloud services that can help you pave the right path to cloud implementation, adoption and optimisation with ongoing managed services to support you into a more efficient and secure future. The business benefits are truly limitless, why wait?
For those of you in Adelaide who were unable to experience AWS re:Invent Event held in Las Vegas this year, we’re bringing the event to you in Adelaide as an offical sponsor.
In the evolving world of technology, organisations, from large businesses to national government bodies, seek partners that provide reliable and innovative solutions to enhance operational efficiency and productivity. A standout in this sphere, Blue Crystal Solutions, headquartered in Adelaide with offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, and Perth, offers precisely such expertise. Here’s how they stand tall in cloud consulting and beyond.
Holiday season is rapidly approaching and your Database Administrator deserves a holiday. Many companies close for the break, however, some functions continue working through holidays and databases need to be looked after. If you have a service disruption who will be responsible for looking after your critical databases?
Oracle Database 23c delivers the most complete and simple converged database for developers looking to build new microservice, graph, document, and relational applications.
In today's fast-paced digital landscape, businesses in Australia are constantly seeking ways to enhance their operational efficiency. This is where IT managed services play a pivotal role. In this article, we'll explore how partnering with a reliable IT managed services provider can revolutionize your business operations, ultimately leading to increased productivity and growth.
Join us at AUSOUG 2023 as we explore a very handy feature of Oracle 19c Database: Zero Downtime Oracle Grid Infrastructure and the Read-Only Oracle Home. The event serves as a platform for sharing insights, discussing the latest developments, and networking with peers.
Meet Aisar Sabateen, one of our talented senior Oracle Technical consultants and the host for our Roundtable about "Case Studies of Transformation: Real-World Examples of Modernisation Success Stories" for Public Sector Network Australia ICT Infrastructure & Cloud Roadshow event in Western Australia next month.
Your guide to navigating your cloud adoption or cloud service expansion the right way from our cloud expert, Michael Kubik.
Blue Crystal Solutions had the honour of being a finalist in the The Impact Awards 2023 and were lucky enough to walk away with a Business Growth Scholarship from the Australian Centre for Business Growth, University of South Australia.
Blue Crystal Solutions is thrilled to be part of the National iAwards Ceremony hosted by Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) - Australia's premier innovation recognition program. See you on Thursday 31 August 2023 for a great night celebration innovation.
Hear from Simon Chapman, Assistant Director, Digital Architecture and Operations from Department for Education (DfE), Vito Rinaldi, Managing Director for Blue Crystal Solutions and Shahin Mohamadian, Partner Acceleration Manager from AWS, recount DfE's cloud journey with BCS leveraging AWS technologies.