Blue Crystal Solutions is continuing to grow and are looking for an experienced Technical Consultant to join our Adelaide office. We are after a candidate who is willing to work as part of a team to deliver exceptional outcomes for our business and our customers.
This roles involves working independently as well as in collaboration with other Managed Services consultants to provide Database and related Public Cloud support services.
We expect any new addition to our team to demonstrate our core values: Leadership, Teamwork, Ownership, and Innovation.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Database business requirement gathering, and mapping into technical requirements (High Availability / Clustering, Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery, Backup and Recoverability, Performance, etc.
- Plan, design, and implement database High Availability strategy that meets / exceeds the Availability SLAs.
- Certification of the DBMS technology against the infrastructure stack.
- Plan, design, and implement database Disaster Recovery strategy that meets / exceeds the Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and Recovery Time Objective (RTO) SLAs.
- Implement / Verify DBMS licensing and compliance and add-on features.
- Determine / Verify network, storage, server, and OS DBMS requirements.
- DBMS software stack installation and configuration.
- Database creation and configuration.
- Data / database migration, refresh, and ETL operations.
- Plan and implement database maintenance procedures, monitoring tools and security policies.
- Transition-in DBMS systems, including standardisation, and the implementation of corrective actions and best practices.
- Regular execution of DBMS system and database heath checks to ensure it is running optimally with no adverse issues.
- Regular monitoring of the DBMS system and database availability, connectivity, and capacity.
- Conduct, monitor, and verify the backup and recoverability of the database.
- Perform data / database recovery.
- Patch / Upgrade the DBMS system and databases.
- Apply database configuration changes when required to support database availability, capacity, and performance.
- Operate and monitor the database high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
- Technical ownership of customer projects/engagements.
- Assist with pre-sales as required
Your capability and skills
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a Database Administrator and ideally 5 years’ experience working in a ITIL based service model.
- Strong consultancy skills and ability to influence business decisions by demonstrating value from IT strategies.
- Strong technical ability and problem-solving skills.
- A track record of obtaining and maintaining certifications in the chosen technologies.
- Leadership experience in a fast-paced operational support environment.
- Experience working in an ITIL based service management structure with an in-depth understanding of Incident, problem, change and request management.
- Proven track record of taking ownership, meeting established schedules, and resolving technical/operational issues.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with positive attitude and energy.
- Expert knowledge of Oracle database technologies
- SQL Server experience desirable
- Knowledgeable in Oracle Fusion Middleware technologies
- Knowledgeable in AWS-Cloud-based relational and nonrelational databases
What we offer
We offer rewarding opportunities for proactive technology professionals, blending a social environment of highly skilled and dynamic people. We place a high importance on regular staff social events to drive a collaborative and inclusive culture.
Key rewards and benefits for our people:
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Training and development investment
- Achiever of the month awards
We offer flexible work arrangements that promote our people’s wellbeing and opportunities to drive innovation and thought leadership.
Permanent Australian residency is essential.
If you feel your skills and experience match the above criteria, please apply now via seek.